View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #16
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Your skills are not suffecient enough to need a shock like that. Keep working on lap times, asshole.
Only top experts NEED stuff like this. However I guarantee you it will drop my lap times.

Also, you're out of your range of expertise here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
After all that bitching and whining you did about not wanting to get your suspension done, you finally listened to wisdom. It's about damn time.
Like I said, a deal I couldn't refuse.

Also, I have made a lot of improvement since I said that, and my goals are now different...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
wonder how many track days that spring would have bought you.
You mean the track days I won't be doing anymore (unless they are free)?

Open race practices thursdays and fridays before race weekends. Practice saturday and sunday mornings before the races.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
While this is true, you clearly don't have a clue about good suspension components.
Exactly, my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
he's also racing next year... so I'm sure he's gonna get enough... or at least a lot of track time...
Someone's starting to get it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
im just saying that funds could have been allocated more efficiantly to get the overall goal. There are other suspension options out there, much cheaper, that would produce the same general effect he's looking for. shiney toys dont win races.

his money though, so i'll stand over here w/ the rest of you jealous cunts.
You continue to have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, you have no idea how little I paid for this shock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Is racing is the order of the day, finishing as close the the front is the only goal that really matters.

If the TTX will help him accomplish that, it is money well spent.
Exactly.

The extent to which this bike will be set up by the start of the season, I guarantee you will decrease my laptimes heavily and increase my confidence (which in turn drops lap times) severalfold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
suspension is never wasted money. If you want to race or really improve your lap times, that's probably the first mod you should do to your bike before exhausts and all that other stuff.
I have gotten to a point where the bike gets very unhappy in various situations. This and other things will alleviate much of that and I will be able to push that much harder.

There are stages of track riding. I am at the second one.

1. Your suspension is no matter. You could be riding with rigid forks and a hardtail and it wouldn't matter.

2. You're fast enough that suspension plays a role. You may not NEED top shelf components but they will certainly help, and allow you to realize the room you have to improve to the next stage.

3. You're fucking fast. You NEED good suspension.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote