View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #103
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
well it also has to do with the I4's now compete'n with the Duc's in races... for a while the I4's couldn't compete well with the Duc's...

but the problem is people buy'n a spec sheet... like the new GSXR1000 has 180+hp so it must be the fastest (i have no idea what the new bikes make just making a point)

I was talk'n to a couple guys the other day... talk'n about buy'n a new bike. I mentioned I want either a GSXR or CBR600RR 06-09... and they were both quote'n what the 09's were puting out in hp... oh the GSXR is putting out 120hp this year... no way you'll want the 06 with only 110 or so... yeah cause that extra 20hp is worth the extra 4g's it'll cost me.
Exactly. Meanwhile those are the same guys who have 4" chicken strips and LED engine lights on 2 year old bikes with 1200 miles on them... People who actually RIDE their bikes are generally less concerned with the spec sheet.

Heh, these are also the same guys who tell you they've had their 600 up to 185mph or they've had their 1k up to 215mph... Within the past week I've ran into TWO of those retards.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote