View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 02:35 AM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

The only "foul" I'll call on these tests is that they obviously played to their "strengths" but each manufacturer has areas where they are superior. Plus,they all have similar videos out that "prove" their truck is the best,for example,

Dodge; http://ramchallenge.yahoo.com/index....lengeMicrosite

Besides,in the fuel mileage test,the model Chevy they used will out 0-60,out tow and out haul the Ford. That's got to count for something as well. BTW my Silverado had the 4/6/8 Max motor that switched how many cylinders fired depending on what you were doing and at what speed you were traveling. So you could get 19-20 mpg cruising down the freeway but if you needed all the power the 6 liter could give it was available. I doubt the 4.? liter in the Ford can hang!

Toyota also has their strong points. It's all relative and you have to consider what you are going to use the truck for.

I personally never believe these kinds of "tests". I'd like to see the option lists for all of these trucks and the price tags. I know that Chevy and Dodge offer towing packages and suspension options for their trucks that may have not been present.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote