View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #43
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
So now that we know what we all pine for, what do you already have? What items do you love, and which ones do you regret buying?

Jacket - Leather: Teknic Lightning, wrecked in it twice, no issues.
Jacket - Textile: I have a Joe Rocket Ballistic Touring Jacket, no issues.
Jacket - Mesh: Cortech GX-Air AMAZING JACKET! I absolutely LOVE this jacket (more at bottom). I had a Firstgear mesh jacket, POS. I had a Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket, also POS.
Pants - Leather: Don't have any.
Pants - Textile: Don't have any.
Pants - Mesh: Don't have any.
Pants - Denim/Kevlar: Icon Recon Jeans, wrecked in them once, they held up well. I like them.
Helmet: RF1000, I LOVE Shoei's. They wind tunnel test their helmets more than any other manufacturer, their shield change is very quick and easy, plus if you wreck you can send your helmet to them and they'll inspect the helmet to make sure it's safe to wear.
Gloves - Leather: Shock Racing GP1's. I like them.
Gloves - Mesh: I only wear leather gloves
Gloves - Weather/Winter: none, the GP1's work fine.
Boots: AGV Sport Sebring.
One-piece suit - Leather: Teknic Violator 1-piece, so far, so good, Used to wear an IXS suit, went down once, held up great. I really liked that suit, but you can't get them in the states anymore.
Two-piece suit - Leather: Don't wear two-piece.
One-piece suit - Touring/Textile: NA
Two-piece suit - Touring/Textile: NA
Armour (i.e. Icon, Bohn, Alpinestars): Alpinestars Tech Back Protector, I liked it, I now have an Alpinestars Bionic vest, which is a back protector/chest protector combination, I really like it so far.

The Jacket, it's a Cortech GX-Air, it is the best mesh jacket I have ever seen! It has real THICK leather on the shoulders, elbows, and down the back. It has the best foam back protector I have ever found built into a jacket, and it has triple layer armor at the shoulders and elbows. It has a mesh chassis, with leather in impact/abrasion areas. It came with two spare liners, a quilted one and a waterproof one, and both liners can be used separately or together. It has a TON of useful pockets. It has a lot of reflective piping, it's awesome. It's VERY sharp looking, and doesn't look like a Replica/Ricky Racer jacket, so I'd feel comfortable on a sportbike, cruiser, tourer or any kind of bike. I recommend this jacket to everyone.
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote