Thread: Ufc 94
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Machida whooped dudes ass, there's not really more you can say about that. If someone went in with a gameplan that forced that dude out of his comfort zone (which obviously is counter-attacking), then we'd see what he's all about. If everyone keeps coming at him and plays his game, we'll see that guy do well.

I sorta expected the Penn/Pierre fight to end up that way, but I was hoping not. Pierre is just too strong for Penn to compete with at that weight. Penn looked pretty decent in the first round, then Pierre just dominated... Penn couldn't do shit. I'm interested in seeing how Penn comes back when he drops back down to his proper weight class.

I'll tell you who excited me the most... Jon Jones or whatever the fuck that guy's name was... Unorthodox, fast, powerful, and fantastic takedowns. Bonner has never been one to impress me, but he's a solid competitor and tough as nails... Ol' dude just kicked his ass. With better conditioning and a more rounded game (some maturity) that guy's gonna be cash money.
True, he does execute his game plan very well, but the ortiz fight still sucked to me due to the fact that he ran away for most of it.

And Jon Jones was definitely a beast. I had never heard of him before last night but that guy is gonna be tough for anyone to handle if he fights like he did last night.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote