Thread: Budget time!
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 10:11 PM   #10
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Nope. I just make sure my register is always up to date. I pay the bills, and buy what I need when I need it. If I find a great deal on something I only want, I'll buy that if I have the cash. If I'm good for a while, and don't spend too much on unnecessary stuff (movies, eating out, moto mags, new gear, etc.), I'll bleed off extra money into the savings or make an extra payment on my school loans.

Over the winter, I've been buying a lot of moto goodies (new chain and sprockets, brake pads, riding jeans, helmet, gloves), but I'm not spending money on other things (moto tires, fuel from extra riding, movies). Had enough difference to make an extra payment on the loans. I actually saved 50% on the gloves, 27% on the helmet, 20% on the pads, etc, etc. It all works out. As long as I know what I have, I don't have to worry about spotting my friends cash or taking them out once in a while.

Looking at that chart, my splits vary constantly, but debt is always the biggest chunk. Transportation (if you only consider commuting) increases in the winter, and Other increases in the summer.

Last edited by Phenix_Rider; 02-21-2009 at 10:15 PM..
Phenix_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote