View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #6
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
plus for some unimaginable reason suzy's 750s outweigh some liters. whats the point then?
The GSXR 750 only weighs 5lbs more than the 600 and considerably less than the 100. Not sure where you get your info from but it's wrong. The weight of my 750 as spec'd by Suzuki was 359 dry. I challenge you to find a liter bike with that low of a dry weight.

Kawi used to sell a 750 but they were no where near competitive with the GSXR's. I love the 750 power plant and if any of the manufacturers came out with a 800cc GP replica, I'd drool all over one. For me I don't need a liter bike. I rode a new GSXR1000 and it wasn't for me. The 750 has enough low end grunt and mid range to keep me happy. I dont need to go 180+mph. The 600's on the other hand don't have enough low end torque for how I like to ride. Now the new ZX-6R is supposed to have increased low end torque so that may solve my problem with that.

My logic was this, sure the 750 was $1000 more than a 600 but to get that extra 30hp I would have had to spend well over a grand to get that kind of extra power and the 750 is pretty damn close in weight to the 600, so it's just like buying a 600 with a factory engine upgrade. Sure I could have spent an additional $1000 to jump up the the liter bike but like mentioned above, they're not my style of bike. I'd be happy if all the manufacturers started producing 750s again, especially Yamaha, but I doubt it will ever happen.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote