View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #17
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
I'm kinda in the same question boat right now. I'm currently riding a gs500e that I've done just about everything you can do to a stocker, and quite honestly getting kinda bored with the power its putting down. I was told that when I was bored, it was just me getting used to the power and then I could start to take it on its limits a little more. The problem is I only ride street, so I don't wanna tear up the streets because they have laws against that. This summer I'm gonna ride the crap out of the little thing and whether I'm bored or not ride it anyway. I'm gearing up for the next bike which has to primarily get around town and well. I would like something to be able to take on longer trips (250 miles per day), something that isn't afraid of the twisties, but isn't too punishing. Right now it seems to be the z1000 z750s fz6, sv650s (not the best tourer by all means but capable) f4i. Those seem to be the key tickets lately. Lemme know what anyone thinks.
The best all-around bike has to be Honda's 750 VFR. The new one's with the variable cams and fuel injection are complicated, but earlier ones are terrific buys. Almost always owned by enthusiasts, older models should be in great shape. Good looks, good handling, comfortable, and power right off idle make it great for sport/touring, commuting, streets, and canyon riding.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote