View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #12
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
I don't think I could bring myself to part this bike out for any reason. Now if I happen to crash it.......that's another story totally. I also think that my asking price for it would be more than what most would want to pay for an '01 bike, but I feel that it's a pretty fair price considering what they are/were and can do. This one has a new battery, fresh oil and filter, new plugs, new fuel pressure reg., new tires, new tinted screen, front flush mounts, rear aftermarket blinkers, Scorpion slipon, braided/stainless brake hoses front and rear, 5400 miles and about as clean as could be asked for. Yamerhaw has seen it and I am sure that he can attest to how nice it is. It's not perfect, but it's so damn close that you can taste it. lol I don't want to give up the power of this beast, but I mostly commute with it and it's just not easy on me for that. I totally agree with OTB, this thing rides and handles like a dream but just hurts me when I am off it for the day. I honestly think it's more me than the bike, but the bars could be the deciding factor.
I just like to get out and ride better than anything I can think of, next to sex. This bike is meant for more than just riding, or atleast the riding that I do.

I do like the looks of that HD and having a belt is something else that turns me on.

I'll keep the heli bars in mind derf. I'm not totally committed to selling out just yet but I have to do something different before I get to that point. I'm not saying I wouldn't sell it for the right price, as everything I have is for sale for the right price.
I don't know what the market is like down your way...but up here a decent 929 will bring 4500-5000 with 18-25000 miles on it. A nice example with low miles like yours should draw 52-5700 with the right buyer.
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote