View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #57
wideopen1
Trailer Queen

I've had a couple Hondas, none of them were as reliable as my Kawasakis. Actually, a CBR600 broke down while I was racing and cost me a championship back in 2001.
Then, the last Honda a couple years ago, broke down on the interstate and there I sat. That damn regulator/rectifier went out, just like on every Honda I've had. That bike went on the auction block the next week. That made me mad.
I never had a Kawasaki leave me sit, ever. I run the piss out of my bikes, race, track days, and just general abuse. The Kaws can definitely take it. I work for Keith Code when California Superbike School comes to Mid Ohio.....you should ask him what the most reliable bikes made are. There's a reason he chooses Kawasaki for their school bikes, and has for all these years. And NO, it's not because Kawaski gives him the best deal.
MY 2000 ZX9 had 33,000 miles on it and all I ever did to it was replace the fork seals. Great bike. Still wish I had kept it.
And strangely enough, my GSXR racebike was way more reliable than any Honda racebike I ever had. Don't get me wrong. my generator is Honda, my weedeater is Honda, my push mower is Honda too. I just happen to not think their bikes are all that great. That's been my experience.
wideopen1 is offline   Reply With Quote