View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
Harley is American (regardless of where the parts come from), and I didn't mind paying a bit more for mine because the resale will preserve most of any extra paid.
And it's guys like you that have kept them in business regardless of what kind of shit bikes they've produced... Again I understand that their quality has improved and sure when they promise to buy back a bike for what you paid for it, you can't go wrong... Unfortunately, I don't buy a motorcycle as an investment, I want to ride. I want to get up in the morning and put the key in and KNOW that it's going to start. I want to have the best performance in that class WITHOUT having to spend another $5-10,000 on transmission/engine upgrades. I didn't want to wait two years for a bike that was designed 10 years ago using 50 year old technology. Plus pay 1 1/2 as much money... To each their own but to accuse me of being "un-American" because I won't support a company that sells crap (imho) just because they're "assembled" in this country is bullshit!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote