Thread: Go Wings!
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #117
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
And if you wanna throw Stats Down, The Flyers have made the playoffs Every year since 95 (I think) except for 05' and 07' So Blow me Mr My team has a huge fanbase and money blah blah blah...Come to philly and watch a flyers game, its NOTHING compared to a Detroit game Im sure.
I've seen the Flyers play... In Phoenix. Flyers won of course, but that 10 years ago when LeClaire was on the team. I have nothing against the Flyers as a matter of fact they are probably one of my favorite teams in the East.

Oh and Kell, Totorto is a Canadian team, you don't have to be good to get fan support in Canada. Shit look at any Canadian team, you can be dead last and the fans still come to the games. It's Canada, Beer, hockey and fighting, who cares who wins.

Trip, yeah the NHL schedule is not like the NFL schedule, if you have a bad year you don't get an easy schedule the next season. It's more of an East vs East and West vs. schedule with a few scattered inter-conference play games just like baseball does now.So it comes down to if one conference is better as a whole, the other conference has an easier schedule compared to the tougher conference. . I think both conferences were pretty equal this year.

This finals has been a very tough and competitive series with the home team usually getting breaks from the refs. It's equal from that stand point. And I agree with you Sixxer, that Boston should have been in the series. That's the match up I was looking for but they just ran short. It's playoff time, go big or stay home and staying home is what Boston did unfortunately.

Go Wings!
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote