View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I'd never even seen one until I clicked this link and the idea that popped in my head is that for one I have a lot of chit in my garage and this little thing would be quicker for me to grab than digging my stands out when just cleaning the wheels and such.

I also have two bikes and only one set of stands and my Pitbull stands didn't cost $20.

My front stands are the pin type and I know I could roll the front tire into this cradle quicker than having to first put the bike on a rear stand and then having to line up the steering stem hole with the pin on the front stand...and then take all of it back down and do the same thing to the other bike...just to spin the wheel for a cleaning...plus I could have the wife cleaning her chain at the same time I'm cleaning mine without having to have two rear stands taking up space in the garage.

No real "allure"...just thought it was a cool idea for $20.

Yea, both of my front stands are a pain. My Suzuki stand fits in the holes at the bottom of my fork AFTER I remove the axle locking bolts. You've already mentioned the Pit Bull front stand. Which is exceptionally painful with my front lowered. Oh well, I'm not selling the damn things!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote