View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 04:18 AM   #9
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I know you're trying to save money but if you know ANYONE in the bodyshop biz and especially if you're willing to wait or aren't picky with color. I've gotten a whole bike painted for $60 before. I would at least check into it. It seems alot of shops will do it cheap because it's a change of pace,someone there rides or something. Just tell them you'll bring in the parts ready for paint and as long as you're not color fussy and have time to wait and will buff it out yourself,the most time consuming part of the process,btw. I'll bet you can get a deal. Heck if you do it yourself,you'll spend $100 in supplys,not to mention ALOT of time. Note,try going in the back and asking a peon,you may get lucky and they'll do it on the side. FYI I got all of the white parts of my bike,including the rims,which he broke down dis/remounted and balanced the tires,in pearl white. Plus he did the white stripe on the tank and re-clear coated it. Total job $140. Oh did I mention that he picked up the bike,took the parts off the bike,painted them and reinstalled them and then delivered the bike back to me when it was done? Heck,I gave him an extra $20! He makes $10 an hour at the body shop,he worked on my bike on a Sat for about 8 hours.
if you can hook a brother up I'd ship my shit to ya next winter and get it painted while my bike is getting powdercoated...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote