View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
martywj
Squid

Moto: '96 Kawasaki Voyager, '78 Yamaha XS650SE

Monday September 7

This is our last day on the road. We are up, packed, have breakfast, and rolling by 8:00 AM. We ride over to get a picture of the Washington County courthouse in Brenham before leaving town. I see this display of a horse drawn fire wagon a couple blocks from courthouse.

The modern day fireman was out testing their rigs also.

I took this along the way heading for Anderson and the Grimes County courthouse.

I missed the turn I was supposed to make but coming to courthouse from the north makes a great picture.

I really like the style of this courthouse.

This was at a Confederate Soldiers Memorial Park nearby.

I took this looking north from the courthouse on Main Street.

I saw this sign on the door of this lawyer’s office, and thought it was funny. Kind of loose office hours don’t you think?

A church near a geo-cache we found.

We encounter a large number of bikers as we riding to here. There was probably a dozen or so, mostly sport-bikes, but a couple of cruisers. They were out of Houston just on a day ride.
We rode on to Madisonville for the Madison County courthouse. Then off to Centerville for us to get a picture of the Leon County courthouse. Next door to the courthouse was this old building.

From the looks of it, we concluded that it was the jail at one time in the past.

After leaving here you could feel the temperature creeping up higher and higher but we pushed on to take a picture of the Freestone County courthouse in Fairfield. At this point it was really HOT. How hot was it? Hot enough to stop at Dairy Queen for a cool one. Then we rode to Corsicana to get a picture of Navarro County courthouse which was our last stop.
We made it to our house in Burleson by around 5:00 PM. We covered 886 miles according to the trip odometer on my GPS. We got to visit a bit with Kathy’s Mom. We also collected photos of 20 courthouses and found 13 geo-caches in 12 different counties. My wife, Kathy, deserves credit for our route. I asked her to keep us on back roads and off the interstates. We were only on the interstate for a couple of miles after leaving Conroe to find a hotel, and from Hillsboro to FM917 just south of Burleson coming home. We had a great time even with encountering the rain storm in Bay City, and the heat wasn’t too bad we just stopped often to re-hydrate ourselves.
I hope you enjoyed the telling of this adventure.

If I have to explain, you won't understand.

CMA #63099 North Texas Area Rep
IBA #31625
martywj is offline   Reply With Quote