View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #145
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
He's a rapper. That's Latin for "Person who makes money in the music industry without making music"

I also don't see how someone could compare the talent that Taylor Swift has vs Kanye West. Kanye West takes songs already made, remixes them and talks (he doesn't sing he talks). Taylor swift takes songs that don't exist, creates them, writes them, and performs them with an instrument. I'm not a huge Taylor swift fan and have enjoyed some Kanye West songs but he is no where near as talented musically (might be better producer/promoter) as Taylor Swift is.

I think race is an issue in this, but it's becuase she's a country singer and country singers are usually white along with country singers not being mainstream.

Seriously, what would happen if a white male artist went up and said "Congrats Beyounce, but Taylor Swift made the best video ever"? Think Jessie or Sharpton wouldn't be out in full force?

I would like to see him go up there and try that with some old country legends.
Fuck Jessie and Sharpton. They will find anything to talk about. I really don't think Kayne did this because of race.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote