View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #22
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Oh hell yeah, that's why I like HARD pucks, they slide easier, and make more noise!

Yeah, I drag there, 14, 3, and a couple other places where it's not really necessary. My favorite place to drag is 2, just 'cause it messes with people's heads when you go around them in 2 at 120 smokin' a kneepuck. I hope you get some good shots in April, too bad I wont be out there
oh heavens, id be laughing my ass off!! I have a few friends who do the "penny pick up" going around several of the turns out there, and its hilarious to watch them do it!! One day I tell myself, one day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
4 years and counting....I've got a couple things working "against" me though - my riding style is such that I tuck my knee in to the bike in a turn and I have REALLY short legs (25" inseam). This year I'm working on my body position more than ever so we'll see. It's not a goal though.
After crashing because I wasnt riding properly positioned and had my body tucked toooo much, i have really focused on the position, like i said, not so much the knee, but the counter balancing position, i wont repeat my mistake twice!!

That said, racers years ago did not drag knee, it was unheard of until a few guys started doing (cant remember names off the top of my head) so while it looks cool, that doesnt mean its needed to be great!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote