View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #23
Ineffable
Kneedragger

Moto: 2009 KTM RC8
Default I

I have been staying out of these 'generalization' threads because I can be pretty racist at times. Mostly because I myself am black and you have to want to help yourself before you get my respect. However this one I can't help but comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yeah, tell that to the cops that got shot through their cars during the famous N.Hollywood bank robbery.
I would like to point out that in the N Hollywood shootout the assailants were using a lot more firepower than is typically used in a street violence scenario (it is easier to conceal a glock than an AK with a drum clip) and armor piercing ammunition.

Fun Fact: The N Hollywood shootout was one of the primary motivations in the development of a true SWAT team and opened the debate on what the weaponry a patrol officer should have access to due to the fact officers were forced to raid local gun shops for automatics and semiautos to have a chance in hell and the police commissioner vowed never to have to do that again to have a fighting chance.

Now to the topic, this whole making a bed out of your seat thing actually came about a long time ago when even law abiding African Americans were afraid of the police so they leaned the seat back as a kind of first defense against being pulled over for a DWB (Driving While Black). Then the thugs and whatnot realized that it was useful for a couple reasons. 1) It makes it harder to see who is driving (I.E. If you had warrants and the local police were looking for you, rival gang members, or you were in the process of committing a crime) and 2. Because as said above the under educated (and let's be honest 95% of thugs and gangbangers fall into this category) think the door will stop bullets (after all it is metal right? :P)

Last edited by Ineffable; 11-20-2009 at 12:28 PM..
Ineffable is offline   Reply With Quote