View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low
Default Cruzergirl's First ride of 2010

Seems to be an epidemic of these.

For some reason I scheduled my bike to be worked on all day today and had to get it to the shop early so that I can have it back by the time I have to go home.

The ride each way is about 26 miles (garage to parking lot).

Gear:
Icon, full face helmet
buff head cover
XPert leather jacket with liner
First Gear XPG Glacier gloves
silky long underwear
Draggin Jeans
Olympia riding pants w/liner
Smartwool hunting socks
leather lace up (Harley) boots

The temperature at the garage this morning (at 7:00am) was 30 degrees. So I let the bike warm up for about 5 minutes before taking off.

The one thing I did NOT expect was to feel like the Michelin Man I was so bundled up! After a few tries I realized that with some effort I COULD move my legs to a bent position to put my feet on the floor boards

My hands were toastie, my whole body was very comfortable...right up until about mile 8. I know this because there is a critical turn at mile 8 onto another road where I have to actually use my hands to change gears, brake...etc.

The fastest I went was about 50 mph but to me it felt like 120 for how cold my fingers were. Then I realized that I still had about 18 miles to go.

Arriving at my destination (the Victory Dealer) 20 minutes later I swear I would have committed a crime to crawl in the back of the police cruiser that was parked at the corner, in the parking lot, just to get warm. I didn't realize how cold my hands actually were until they started to warm up and hurt like a mother f*'er!

I've got some pictures on my camera that I'll post when I get home later tonight. Maybe you'll be able to see how cold I am, maybe not. I just know... I get to do it again this afternoon.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote