View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

I grew up on V8 American muscle. I was just a bowtie guy. I know this is as simple as a rock, and reasonably beefy. I wish it had a bag in it, for my kid's sake, but it's a reasonably stout car, and no doubt I am thankful I made a similar decision in making her first car a Cherokee. When the rubber side was finally placed in contact with the ground again, the wisdom of my choice became apparent...as while there was nary a straight panel left, the structural integrity of a big American car was probably key in her having nothing but a black eye, and a small cut on her hip from where she crawled out of the wreck to show for it all.

The 'Stang is an internally small but reasonably heavy car...not unlike my '94 'Vette which is nearly as long as a Suburban, but has room for little more than a ham sandwich aside from two passengers...there's a lot of car around you, and this is good.

I live where there's a lot of deer, and trees, and fully loaded massive mack dump trucks rolling past to the quarry at ultra-legal speeds...I would feel irresponsible giving her anything small, new, or Asian...airbags notwithstanding. I'd like to see her in another SUV, but she wanted a car.

I also know the value of being able to keep a car running out of AutoZone, and not the dealer. Old muscle cars are cheap to fix, computer not needed.

I think it'll make a good car for her...