View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 12:38 AM   #118
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Stop talking about cats in my garage thread, faggots. Cats suck.

Well as I said before, these couple weeks would see a shift in focus to getting the bike ready for the track and concurrently working on the garage (hopefully).

This past weekend it was real nice out so on saturday the first thing I did was go for a nice ride. Down the street from the office (where the garage is) is my folks' house, here's a pic of the lake. Awesome weather!

Back from the ride:

So then I spent the second part of saturday cleaning the garage. I organized all the tools and removed all the unnecessary ones and put them up in the 2nd floor apartment (next big project). The only things left are drywall related stuff, chop saw, vacuum, couple other tools. This took quite a while. Then I swept out the floor and it was ready for the garage's first REAL work to be done.

So I brought the bike in, and cracked a beer. I know the garage isn't done yet and I've got a lot left that I want to do, but it felt pretty fucking great to be using it for what it's meant for:

Took the wheels off:

Took em down to a buddy's who has a no-mar tire changer and got the new tires mounted:

Cleaned the shit out the whole drivetrain (sprockets, chain, wheels, cush). Before:

After.... BLING BLING!!! (this is for you, azoom!):

Lubed the cush and cush rubbers, reassembled the rear wheel, looks mint! Mmmmm the smell of fresh rubber...:

Stripped off the yamaha emblems:

Installed gas tank sliders (don't want to crash and have that bitch explode!):

Installed stompgrips on the tank and gave the bike a quick detail:

This coming weekend I'll be doing my 4,000 mile service, installing stainless steel brake lines and HH sintered pads, and hopefully doing some work on the mudding/sanding, but the bike takes precedence.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote