View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #9
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I don't get it........Is that page supposed to be real? Everyone on there looks like a crock of shit.
Exactly. But yes, everyone on there is supposed to be for real. Like I said, the guy pulled the wool over Spike TV's eyes, though I'm sure that's not hard.

Here's the short version: "Snake" Blocker (aka about 6 or 7 different competition names, but his real name is David Jason Blocker) is supposedly a "former Professional World Champion Title Belt - Muay Thai/Thai Kickboxing (jr. welter weight)" with the " International Muay Thai Society (IMTS)". He is also supposedly a US Army "combat instructor" and expert in Muay Thai and "Apache knife fighting," and a "certified instructor of Close Quarters Combatives Group," which has "military recognition." He even had a knife custom made by JW Smith and Sons (which you can buy on their website), specifically for his deployment to Afghanistan, where he is presumably slitting Taliban throats and tossing knives straight into Osama Bin Laden's chest.

Here in the real world, though, David Jason Blocker has never served in the US Army. He is a Petty Officer, 2nd Class, in the US Navy. By rate, he is an SK2. That's a shop keeper, the guys who sell you bubble gum from the ship's store. They might also cut hair. In Afghanistan, he works at the Bagram post office. That means, not only is he not a "combat instructor," and he's using his custom made knife to cut packing tape, he's on the safest base in Afghanistan, surrounded by tens of thousands of other service members. Some of whom actually know how to operate their weapons. He never leaves the FOB. He does, however, run a "Close Quarters Combatives Group" class on base. It's a "free" class that is allowed by MWR to happen in one of the base gyms. At one point, it was allowed to take place in one of the smaller camps on base where the Special Forces guys live. One or two Green Berets may have even attended once. Students of "Snake" Blocker's class are advised that they will need to purchase $70 to $100 of "martial arts training gear" per month.

The "combat instructor" was recently handed his ass by a soldier with a few months training in MCP (the Army's new combatives program). His reason? "I'm not a ground fighter."

Like I said, that's the short version. In the long version, well, the douchebaggery never ends. The deeper you dig, the worse it gets.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Last edited by fatbuckRTO; 04-02-2010 at 11:48 AM..
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote