View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
You moving to Los Angeles?
Yes, barring a job. I'm applying at the Big 4 for their training programs as we speak. Starting to look for towns/apartments to live too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Price is about right, except you don't know miles. If it is a low miles item (under 10K), you may get many fun-filled miles for a low price...if it's got 25-30K on it, it's most likely led a long, hard life and you'll no doubt be dropping some bread into it you'll never get back out.

To wind it up, a "salvage" titled bike isn't necessarily a bad deal; you just need to be extremely careful about checking it out and need to understand that they will NEVER be worth more than about 75% of rough or wholesale book....NEVER.

Which puts the "value" (whatever THAT means) of that bike at about $1800-2000 bucks:

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/trade-...a-zx_6rr/72286

JMHO

Good Luck!
I could listen to you talk about bikes all day. I have so much to learn. As much as I want the thing, I might hold off. I can't buy on impulse. Miles are about 15,5xx...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
3 grand is blade money around here, or a real nice f3 with a bunch of extras. Keep looking
What year blades are we talking? As far as F3... I'm done with carbs. I hate dealing with all the bullshit.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote