Old 09-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #25
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
What's wrong with the current bike?
I can fix it, but currently...

1. Need chain and sprockets. Chain has like 5 inches of slack and it is adjusted to the max. I think whoever replaced the chain last put an extra link in. Not sure, but its due.

2. Carb issue where I cannot get it off of choke until about 20 min. Bike will stall and has stalled several times while splitting to the front at a light unless the choke is full on or the engine is real hot. Could just be the carb sync (item 4).

3. Valve adjustment is way overdue.

4. Carb sync.

5. Rear tire.

6. Some minor squeaking noise coming from the front chain area. Not sure if its rectifier or the chain.

7. There is exhaust leaking at the front header (I think).

8. When I spray carb cleaner near the carbs, engine speeds increase. Possible vacuum leak. Might need carb gaskets.

I use this bike 46 miles a day...I need it reliable. I only paid 2650 for this thing and I rode it 18 months almost everyday. I think I got my money's worth. It's been a damn good little bike and a killer splitting bike.

I cleaned the carbs and replaced the plugs about a month ago (plug were like 2.64 each..cheap) and it helped a little, but they need work. Once off idle or if its hot it runs good.

At 34k, I'm starting to worry about charging, wheel bearings and piston rings.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 09-03-2010 at 05:08 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote