Thread: Expensive Day
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 08:19 AM   #30
snobuny
Kneedragger

Moto: 01 kawa 600R, 03 636 track, yz250motard

Pics like that happen so fast when you have the camera, I have been there! Those cameras take up to 15 frames per second. He could have snappen all those pics, dropped the camera in a safe place and been over to stop traffic before the dust settled and it was safe for him to be on the road. These photographers go out of their way to help people, they don't just stand there and watch you bleed.

I say he was lucky for it to happen where someone could help him (or he knew the camera guy was there and trying for a good shot.....always a bad idea!), cell coverage is spotty in that area. Glad to see he had on gear, made this less painful than it could have been.

Now on to the pics, its ok to drag a knee but if you are not getting off the bike and you arn't rossi you need to spend some time on the basics! Dragging a knee is so you can keep the bike in a safer, more upright position and keep them hard parts off the ground with better contact patches on the tires......i.e. keith code!

I know when I am on my track bike and the toe touches, the rearset is next and the ground is not far behind unless I get my tush off to the side more or lever the bike up with my knee.

Hopefully someone will let him know about riding technique. Still a great set of pic's from a photographers perspective.
snobuny is offline   Reply With Quote