View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #46
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I get it, but California's problems have been in place long before this downturn. It was only back in 2003 that they had a $35+ billion budget crisis.

You can certainly believe what you want, but bou complain about Republicans spending like drunken sailors while ignoring the fact that Obama's deficits have been significantly larger, and this leads you to believe the Republicans are terrible. At the same time California's legislature has been spending like drunken sailors and this leads you to believe the federal government should give them more money we have to borrow from others.

You are also willing to cut California (and the greater NY metro area) slack because of its complexity, size, and diversity while ignoring that the entire country is significantly more complex, large, and diverse.

I understand what you are saying, but the position is still isn't sensible to me.
So you're getting my point...but I might add that NYC and Cali kind of act as support, supply, and distribution centers the rest of what I like to call "flyover territory" in between (read: The rest of the US).

So, while the rest enjoys the spoils of what these great metropolises bring to the entire country, they perhaps have to realize as well that they're also the hardest hit areas in times of trouble.

Just saying...Cali's problems are more complex than Podunk.

I don't think you can just blame Liberals, that's fucking absurd.