View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #42
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
They've probly figured this out by now...but...the swingarm has to come off to get to the fuel pump.
Glad to hear they've worked it out but I have to ask- is a slight improvement in center of mass and handling really worth this much of a hassle for basic roadside repairs?
I'm a fan of innovation and all but when it's not used for racing at all, why make such a convoluted, user-unfriendly design as that? Erik Buell is all about doing thing's his own way and you owners love the handling but he should take into consideration the needs of his customers who will eventually have to figure out his innovative, complicated designs on the side of the road without diagrams.

I'm sure ducati's and other "think outside the box" bikes are a bitch to work on also, this is just a good time to pick on buell.
On both Suzuki's I've owned the inner workers seem completely intuitively laid out. Even my wrench-retarded has been able to figure out small issues without the manuals help. I guess that's the trade off between having a "bike with soul" and just another gsxr.