View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 09:17 AM   #10
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
That's pretty fucked up man, Don't know if I could have called the cops..

Figures the first time I get to help a fellow bike it turns out making me look bad..
Dubbs, nobody is making you look bad at all. You did what you thought was right. However, I have no tolerance for drinking and riding/driving at all. You did what you thought was right. Others would handle it differently. Thats all.

Here is what I would have done in that situation. I wouldn't have called the cops. I would have gotten the bike up and off the road. Then told the guy to call a friend or family member to come pick him up. I'd even let him use my cell phone if I needed to.

I'd flat out tell the guy, he was leaving his bike there or going to have someone ride it home for him. If he decided to ride home, then i'd call the cops.

I would wait till someone showed up. Once someone showed up, then give them his bike keys and explain what the situation was. Then let them handle it from there.

Sure it may take an hour or so out of my day. But if I saved a life or helped keep an accident from happening, it was worth it.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote