View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #29
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Sure, they could, and then the 90% of the country, who can't afford private school, would be fucked. They serve a necessary purpose. They get paid shit. Grinding them down, even further than they already are, is a fucking stupid move when they frequently have more input into a child's life than his parents do.
The issue is not the Teachers it is however the Unions and their Entitlements. BTW "Collective Bargaining" is an entitlement not a right.
The changes in Wisconsin place the Public Employees in precisely the same bargaining position as our Federal Employees. Unions there have lost the ability to demand that you join them, or collect dues from non members. They also now have to deal with each Community Individually and live within the means of those Communities.
For the Record I admire Teachers, I tech ins a corrections environment, I Don't believe society Values Teachers enough .
Unions here in the states however have grown from once being the protector of workers into power hungry organizations who routinely seek power and money at the expense of those they are supposed to represent. AFLCIO Chairmen makes declares a Salary (before bonuses and merit review) of $480k yearly.
If the US is to ever to get to a stable economy it needs to control the unions.
Oh and by the way if a teacher has more input in your child's life than you do , You are a Piss Poor Parent! and I or someone like me will in all likelihood will be getting to teach your kids at some point.