View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #270
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
C'mon Jesus.

This is why I have such a hard time not paying attention to these threads.

The "TAX THE RICH, THEY DESERVE IT" crowd seems to feed off emotion.

"OMG, if the Bush tax credits are extended, my blind Granny's taxes are going to be 110% of her income!"

I know your post is more a jab at Ed than a commentary on our tax code but the poor, the blind and the elderly all get tax breaks not available to "regular" citizens.
I would put myself in the, "Tax the rich, they can afford it" camp.

I'm a single male, making a good living wage, with no additional deductions. You can be damned sure that I'm paying a pretty hefty amount on income tax. I can afford it. Would I like to keep more of my own money? Undoubtedly, but if they're going to take as much as they do, then I'm more worried about it being used properly.

And you think that the "tax the rich" people are the only ones, who play upon emotion? What about the "leave the rich alone" people, who base their position on rhetoric and selfishness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
ah but you see you only have to make about 70k a yr to pay 35%, so now you really only make 45k a yr, and w/ other taxes you make less then that. and if your single w/ no house.....you're gonna get bent.

if you only make $20k a yr, then don't have a household, stay single till you can afford kids or make do.

and yes, fix gov't spending.
If I made $20K a year, in Toronto, I would be living in someone's unfinished basement and eating Kraft Dinner. I would be in sore need of the universal health care, that we have up here, as I would be constantly sick.

As it is I'm one of those people, who makes more than $70K a year and is single.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote