View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #16
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Yup. I think even my vfr is considered a sportbike. Not sure about super sport. I have basic basic for both bikes. Ill have to look up my paper work and tell ya what I pay and for what.

The only thing bad for me on my bike record is a ticket for no MC license but thhat was 5 or so years ago. My agent never mentioned it so I guess its dropped.
My VF500F was $88 a year. I thought I quoted out a 6th gen VFR800 and it wasn't that much???

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
State Farm. They go by engine size regardless of type of bike... Yes, a VTX 1800 cost more to insure with State Farm than a CBR1000RR...

Progressive is the WORST... I had them with my 500R... I turned 25, got my renewal a month later and it had gone UP almost $300/yr. I called and they said that they had re-evaluated the way they calculated rates for motorcycles and while I did get a discount for turning 25, the net result was an increase. I promptly told them to fuck off... then switched to State Farm. Cost less than 1/3 what I had paid before the rate increase...
I'm almost certain she said that she got a quote from State Farm and it wasn't the lowest. I could be wrong though.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote