View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #20
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

About 10 years ago, I lost 40lbs in 3 months on Atkins... well, Atkins and Bud Light on the weekends... Probably could have done it in two months without the drinking, but I got down to 185... with no exercise, I was actually pretty lean. Realistically, I could have gotten to 175, maybe 170 if I busted my ass.

Kept it off for about a year, then the weight started creeping... couldn't get disciplined, wasn't motivated, and finally just gave up. It's kind of interesting... I don't like being fat, but after a while you just accept it and shit gets real out of control then.

Just before Christmas, I peaked at 294. Fuck that. Immediately started eating better, working out a little, and lost about 28lbs before my wedding. Wedding, then honeymoon, and fell off the wagon again. I gained about 4lbs in two months, then started jiu jitsu. This is my 6th week and I've gained another 5lbs, though I feel like I'm actually leaner - ONSSP's commented as well.

Now with jits, I have something that REALLY motivates me to get healthy. It's not about looking good... I'm married and she signed up for the fat-guy special from the get go. It's about getting stronger, having more endurance, etc. I'm almost always the heaviest guy in class, but I'm also one of the strongest... if I could end up around 200, dropping the fat, and gaining about 15-20lbs of lean muscle, I think that'd be about perfect. I'd actually prefer to drop some leg mass, relocating it to the upper body... my calves are retarded.

Food today...

Breakfast: 1 slice of wheat toast (lightly buttered), 1/4 cup blackberries, a couple strawberries, 1/4 cup grapefruit, glass of soy milk

Snacks: 2.5 cups of raw carrots, 2.5 cups raw kale

Lunch: 6-oz chicken breast, boneless skinless

Dinner: TBD - most likely a chicken breast and some mixed veggies (frozen)

That'll be pretty much the standard, though I'll mix things up with various fruit, veggies, and nuts... the occassional steak or porkchop. I'll certainly go nuts from time to time and grill some chicken wings... Saturday's will be beer day.

Exercise will consist of jiu jitsu 3-4x per week, biking, kettlebell swings, body weight exercises, and lots and lots of stretching. Once I really start to lean out, the diet will change and I'll start really strength training.

That's the plan... let's see how it goes.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote