Thread: Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #8
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
DAMM ^ that looks like alot of work.........lol
The AR or the post?

I USE to think the AR was too complicated to bother with. I owned AK's and SKS's out the wazzoo before I ever owned an AR.

To ME, the AK (russian....not the mass produced Afgan model you see blow up in everyones face these days) was the honda CB 750 FOUR of guns. Great outta the box. Don't dick with it, and it'll run forever at it's assigned pace.

The AR was more like a Harley. Simple, yet no one EVER left it alone. And the second you do ONE thing, it's a domino effect and you have to have everything custom, and by the end...you don't have a single piece that is stock, and you're constantly having to dick with it to make it work "right"

But now things are different. One piece drop in triggers, bombproof bolt carrier groups, direct gas kits.

Once you understand an AR it's almost stupid NOT to build one the way you want. But just like a harley you really need to own a few before you realize what you DON'T want or like about them.