View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #37
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
I'd like to see YOU drive on a 1/2" of solid ice when your state has no salt, sand, and more 1976 caprice classic on 26's trying to get to the social security office to pick up their check than you can shake a stick at!

See ATL

It's easy to look down off a thrown of hard packed snow that even a baboon could drive in and judge!

Ya bastard
Hey this year.. right after NYE... we got 16" of snow then temps into the negatives and wind chills of -45. They salted and when their slush was on the road and the temps dropped... Everything turned to ice. The highways were a sheet of ice and the spots that weren't, were still a road of brail ice (not really any better). The highwas were down to a crawl.. I'm talking average speed 20mph.

The bottom line is that your southern states aren't prepared for it. Nor do any of the drivers have the skill set.

Certainly there are the ones that Trip speaks of, but those are everywhere. The 4x4 anything are usually the worse offenders. But that being said, there are the few that, like Turbo said, are great in the snow. My wife's new fusion WITH snow tires is AMAZING in the snow. I bet it's better in the snow than most trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
"Could I give you some money and we forget about reporting it to insurance?"
WOW... how many times did that happen before you got the camera?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote