View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #7
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Well, it turned out to be something dumb after all. I was thinking about what I had to tear apart all day. Got home, went straight to work on it. Took off the seat, unbolted the rear of the tank, started to take the side covers off. Dad's there to help unplug the fuel lines, to try not to spill the gallon or so of fuel that's in it. He rests his hand on the throttle and up comes a light bulb.

Not once have I ever had to crack the throttle to get it to start. This time, that's all it takes. He held the throttle open a hair, I hit the starter and it started with some hesitation, then revved free. Shut it down, bolted the tank back down, locked the seat in place, and moved the tool box. Started right up after dinner and took it for a ride. I took it out and ran it up the tach in the first three gears to get things nice and warm. It won't do the ton in first, but well before redline in third.

Looks like the plugs fouled slightly from the short run time sunday when I moved it out of the garage. Just needed a little more air and fuel to light off. Never been a problem before. I figure it was a little pissy at me for not taking it out sunday after doing 300 miles saturday.