View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 12:15 AM   #13
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Dude, I think you have big fucking rats in your house. In your sig I see something scurry across the floor.
thats my kitten max returning from a playful romp in the basement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Pardon me for pointing out the obvious! But a Busa or ZX14 the Connie14 are all going to be superior sport touring machines with the ZX14 and Busa being the stronger on the sport side. The only one on your list I have saddle time on is the CBR1100 and I can say without any question in my mind that a Gen 1 busa handles better and rides smoother with better braking. Mileage is at your wrist and with it range The new Gen2 are reported to be a better bike still for touring (no saddle time here) I notice you didn’t mention anything accept jap bikes leaving out the Duc Touring Machines the BMWs the Sprints .
If budget is your thing take a long look at a 04 – 07 up Hard core Busa owners are jumping up to the Gen 2s and any number of wannabes who bought then and left them sitting and are now trying to escape the payment
busas are so common here you cant even spit at the ground without hitting one. i dont care how good the bike may be, i aint riding it if a hundred other fuckers do too. proof for my point. type hayabusa into ebaymotors. theres about NINETY listings...compare that to any other bike you can think of (gsx-r excluded those are also out for the same reasons, though i do find the old pre srad era 750s with the double glass headlights under plastic oddly attractive) the zx-14 is unbelieveably ugly...case closed. and the new connie..well i actually like the new connie quite a bit. 'specially in that new black. problem with it is its wayy too new. im sorta working in the theoretical budget of around 4k, less if possible. gotta pay that mortgage you know? though in a perfect world id looove a black connie 14 with a zx14 turbo kit. super sleeper anyway to answer the second half of this, i'll address all three individually. ducs: non ss versions look wierd as hell, are still expensive, and have lower intervals between service than a big four inline. bmw: waaay too wierd looking for me. only one i really like is the hp2 sport and perhaps the s1000rr whenever they release photos of the production version. triumph: i actually like sprints a lot but i only care for the newer ones with the triple headlight layout. the older 955i twin light ones are mildly hideous. again here, price. im sure now that this can of worms has been opened marco is gonna jump in here and start pushing firebolts and sportys lol
TWF Post whore #6

Last edited by Dave; 10-09-2008 at 12:28 AM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote