View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Well,here's mine. Unfortunately,I installed it without taking step by step pics but here's what I have...oh and I would say that mine is smaller than his at 1"X3"X1/8" and it doesn't have any "case" of any kind. The black ridges on the unit are "flux ridges" that isolate the magnet from metal when you mount it to a open frame bike like 73's. I mounted mine inside my fairing with the magnet side down using 3m double sided tape. The adhesive that came with the unit didn't work btw. I originally mounted it with the fins down in line with where the adhesive was and it didn't work. I've removed it and flipped it so the flat side is down and I'll let you know after I get a chance to test it better.

To be honest,and I'm sorry GasMan but I've gotten much stronger magnets from old car speakers. Granted a speaker magnet weighs a lot more...

I know for a fact that a magnet will trigger a loop. I've used them to test loops in the past for my job but I get dubious when a company claims a magnet roughly the size of a stick of gum can trigger a loop. We'll see..

The pics are of the package it came in,some poor pics of the unit,and an outside shot of where it is on my bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00354.JPG (146.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00356.JPG (141.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00359.JPG (176.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00360.JPG (190.0 KB, 45 views)
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote