Thread: Sad news
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I only read through the first 30 comments, but didnt see anything too 'out there'. I also have to agree that 4 is probably too young to ride a dirt bike, I just dont see someone of that age having the ability to effectively control a bike. That being said, it sounds like the parents did everything right, I'm assuming the place required all safety equipment, helmet, shirt, pants, boots, chest protector, etc... parents took her to a closes bike specific, pee wee event, and the worst happened.

My bet is that she got on the gas, was pulled back in the seat and never let go of the throttle and motored right into a hard object.

My 5 (almost 6) year old isnt ready to ride a dirt bike, he just couldnt control it, I believe my 10 year old is, but she is too scared to do that.
I rode a dirt bike before I rode a bicycle... I was about 4... Open face helmet and jeans...

I had good instruction, a wide open space, and a throttle stop screw so I could only go so fast... though I quickly learned that taking out that screw made riding much more enjoyable...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote