View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I would be pissed too because you guys had the chance to do it right for basic coverage, better than us in fact, and it all got screwed up by partisan bullshit. A good single payer system allows for both two tier coverage and reduced costs, by bulk purchase. Public and private can co-exist. With the amount of money you folks pay for insurance the people paying the most for the best coverage could pay a little less, while still helping to cover the costs for those who can't afford ANY health insurance.

Your dad pays a fraction of what you do, for what he gets here by default. A supplemental health plan would easily bring him up to your level, while still paying less than what you do. You could have even better than that, for less than what you pay now, if your system was set up right (the way that ours should be).
I have federal coverage, it's great and right now we aren't being forced on exchanges.

He pays similar for his Canada coverage that I do, prescription prices are very similar because my plan has a max for uncovered medication that I cannot pay over if no generic is available.

His high management level coverage in the States just crushes anything I could get as a worker bee without spending a small fortune.

Obamacare doesn't really bother me too much though. The only thing that I would like to see go is the individual mandate. That should of been shot down by the supreme court.

Last edited by Trip; 10-04-2013 at 09:33 AM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote