View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #20
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I have federal coverage, it's great and right now we aren't being forced on exchanges.

He pays similar for his Canada coverage that I do, prescription prices are very similar because my plan has a max for uncovered medication that I cannot pay over if no generic is available.

His high management level coverage in the States just crushes anything I could get as a worker bee without spending a small fortune.

Obamacare doesn't really bother me too much though. The only thing that I would like to see go is the individual mandate. That should of been shot down by the supreme court.
So he's a foreign national who actually pays for the care he receives here, rather than it being paid for by remittance? Well we've got to make SOMe money, don't we? It's not like we would charge him the same that we would a Canadian citizen

The best way to handle universal health care would be to take a basic rate from everyone who can afford it, for a basic level of care, then allow supplemental insurance to be added over and above that. The basic level of care would be overseen by a single payer system. Similar systems exist up here for auto insurance, and they seem to work reasonably well.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote