Thread: Oh, Ladies?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #29
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
the miles are really what does it for you Gina. I always tell people when they buy their "beginner bike" put a good 10,000 miles on it before you upgrade. I know that sounds like a lot but it allows you to experience ALL of the obsticles you will encounter riding as well as learn how to change tires, oil etc if you choose to. I rode my ninja 250 for almost 30,000miles and my skills took off once I really started to pack the miles on. the step up to the 750 was hard at first just cause it was SOO much faster but after my first season it came really fast and now I"m as at home on that bike going fast as I am in my car (maybe more so). I have about 50,000 miles motorcycle experience now and I am still learning new things every day. I still have things to work on. But that is what is so great about riding. It is a life time hobby that you can keep getting better at no matter how long you participate.
I noticed that the skills are coming a lot faster now that I can ride for longer stretches (and at higher speeds) until my butt gets sore. I can get in the mileage in a couple of days max what it would take me to do in a month on the dual sport. The SV is pretty comfortable overall since I am not hunched over, and I find that I actually do like longer rides. I have to put A LOT of seat time in to be where I would like to be.

I love my SV though and I am poor, so I won't be upgrading anytime soon
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote