View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #6
was92v
Nowhere Man

Oh, we're telling what happened. I low sided in a tight left at maybe 50mph (ground speed literally). as soon as we reached the side of the road, while I was still on it, on the ground, it caught. When I became aware of myself, I was on my knees, with my head caught in a 4"x4" wire field fence. My head had penetrated the wire and I probably would have been driven though it except for a concrete fence post that took the side of my helmet down a few layers of fiberglass and destroyed what had been my collar bone from my neck to my shoulder. I disinterred myself from the fence and looked around. My point of entry through the fence was almost exactly 90 degrees from where I went off.

My bike was 50 or 60 feet down the road, laying on the opposite side of the one I low sided on.
I of course went to see if my new bike was hurt and discovered that my arm was no longer firmly attached to the rest of me when I tried to pick it up. I started walking back to town, then got a lift home, then to the hospital, which is another story for another time. 6 or 8 weeks later I'm as good as I'm going to get and only a little less stupid than I was before...
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote