View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
I only get four weeks off MAX per year, and two of those are minus pay, which I typically can't afford. Taking one week on the road leaves me one week paid for individual days off throughout the year as I need them.

I've been across the bridge many times. Riding on the metal grate is an experience, especially when it's windy (when isn't it..?) and wet. Look down and you can see the water, 100+ feet below...

The upper peninsula is travel heaven to me. I haven't ridden in Alaska (yet), but parts of the U.P. are just so desolate and wild. Just me and the trees. I love my Appalachians, too, but it's different up there... no place I'd rather ride.
I agree the mighty mac is awesome! The UP is just that. desolate with nothing but a piece of pavement and trees. Probably just as many bears as people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Received a birthday greeting this morning from a forum I had forgotten. Searched my old threads and came up with this: Big U.P. Ride Next Year

I had a business plan, I was in contact with other touring agencies, I had routes mapped out, I was beginning to organize with motels and restaurants... and now I don't even remember why I quit.

It was more complicated than I had originally anticipated, and the business may not have made any money, but what a fun way to fail...
LOL I use to post on that site... too funny.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote