View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Since I am childless, I don't like to put up with little bastard kids in adult locations, I can tolerate kids being there, but if the little dipshit is going beserk and you continue doing what you are doing like nothing is wrong, that will drive me a bit crazy. I understand some things you fully won't understand til you have to put up with the little bastards 24/7 though, but common courtesy is something we all should understand.
I have two kids, and I absolutely agree with you on this. Common courtesy is, unfortunately, not that common anymore. I don't mind if an infant/baby is crying as long as I can see the parent making a concerted effort to soothe the child or remove them from the situation. I know in some instances a parent's ability to do either is limited (on a plane, for instance.. can't get up and move around like we used to), but if I see them making an effort I might be a little bothered, but I probably won't say anything because I know sometimes that is outside of their control.

The ignoring the problem and letting a child run amok/throw a tantrum without making much or any effort? Or bringing a child that isn't old enough/behaved enough to a setting that requires proper behavior? That makes me want to choke a bitch. My kids are 7 and 5, they know "the look", and generally they are pretty well behaved in a public setting. Granted they're old enough and socialized enough now to know better than to act a fool in public, but sadly I have seen kids their age that are little fucking demons.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote