Thread: Who races?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #56
was92v
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortness View Post
That's pretty sweet, getting trophies during your first races. I got my first ones this year, during my 2nd season (and I've got a little stack of them going now). I guess that's a big downside to starting in the "meatgrinder" class, but I still love those little pieces of plastic and metal. I hope I'll get some more trophies this year, but it's going to be a bit different in the expert divisions.
I got pushed into Expert after my 1st season because of finishing in the top 10 (9th or 10th I don't remember) and whined about it when I got the "You will be advancing to Expert next season" letter. I called Kurt Hall at WERA to try to talk them out of it, but he said with 11 Podiums, 4 Wins and a top 10 at the GNF I needed/had to move to Expert.

I didn't think moving to Expert would be so good for me but I didn't have a choice, so I just decided to step up and do it. it was better in Expert than Novice. Safer riders and faster riders made me a faster, safer rider. I won the first Expert race I was in and went from there.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote