View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #96
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I don't call it gay...I call it...to each their own. All I was sayng is that it wasn't a waste to build...the car is a badazz...but I agree...cost too much.

I won't be buying one...can't afford it but yes I'd rock it in a heartbeat.

Exactly right imho.

That's why I bought a completely stock C5 Z06 sitting in a guys garage back in 2002 with 9k miles on it...at a good price. Every mod the car now has...blower...cam...intake...full exhaust...rear gears...clutch...lightened flywheel...shifter...lowered...etc...came AFTER I bought it.

I couldn't afford to buy a Lingenfelter model so I bought parts here and there and ended up with about the same thing and love it....BUT at the end of the day no...it's not an actual Lingenfelter model...but I have a lot less $$ in it for basically the same thing.

My supercharger...boost gauge and longtube headers were taken off of a Z06 at Lingenfelter and shipped to me. The rich guy that owned it decided it wasn't fast enough so he had them take it out and send it to me and went to a 427 TT.

*edit* My reference to "the rich guy" is based on the fact that he also had a Ferrari and a huge house in Chicago and $$ seemed to be no issue with him. He gave me a great deal on the supercharger.
Thats awesome man. Do you do your own work on it or take it to a shop? I knew it was modded but I never knew what all was done to it. Thats a pretty bad ass set up. Any pics of te engine bay and such?
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote