Thread: I want it
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #12
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra
Default No Fighting in the club house

Lets all just calm down and go get another drink.

I know that when buying an HD you are paying a considerable sum for the name, however, you can't deny that the bikes look damn nice. Not to mention the support and the service you can get with a small percentage of add to the price in financing. I refer, of course, to the no ride interuption clause stating if while on the road for a trip and you break down they will put you up in a hotel, near a HD service center, trailer the bike to a shop, repair and get you back on the road ASAP. Thats a pretty good assurance. I haven't seen one metric shop even offer such a thing not to mention when I bought my brand new Shadow Sabre I only got a 1 year 12k mile warranty. Minimum the HD comes with is a 3 yr powertrain and electric warranty and service package.

Then the after market support is absolutely incredible. I mean you can get a lot of parts and such for the metrics but they aren't garranteed to work or fit and the companies that sell usually give you a headache trying to return.
I have gone through 2 Vance & Hines baffles and finally had to just run 2 in long bolts with the Nylok nuts and some serious blue thread lock to keep the F-in thing in the pipe and keep from hearing my neighbors complaining.

So I guess that I will pay the price and become one of the millions of HD followers. I am not doing it because others give me shit or just fit in. Gas Man can attest that I march do the beat of my OWN drum and tend to do things a little extreme. So paying the cash for the Ultra just seems to be what is completely inline with my current standards. I like the bike. I want the bike. I WILL get the bike.

Now I just hope that I don't lay it down, and scuff the shit out of it. I will just cry if that happens.

Caveman
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote