Thread: I want it
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
Lets all just calm down and go get another drink.

I know that when buying an HD you are paying a considerable sum for the name, however, you can't deny that the bikes look damn nice. Not to mention the support and the service you can get with a small percentage of add to the price in financing. I refer, of course, to the no ride interuption clause stating if while on the road for a trip and you break down they will put you up in a hotel, near a HD service center, trailer the bike to a shop, repair and get you back on the road ASAP. Thats a pretty good assurance. I haven't seen one metric shop even offer such a thing not to mention when I bought my brand new Shadow Sabre I only got a 1 year 12k mile warranty. Minimum the HD comes with is a 3 yr powertrain and electric warranty and service package.

Then the after market support is absolutely incredible. I mean you can get a lot of parts and such for the metrics but they aren't garranteed to work or fit and the companies that sell usually give you a headache trying to return.
I have gone through 2 Vance & Hines baffles and finally had to just run 2 in long bolts with the Nylok nuts and some serious blue thread lock to keep the F-in thing in the pipe and keep from hearing my neighbors complaining.

So I guess that I will pay the price and become one of the millions of HD followers. I am not doing it because others give me shit or just fit in. Gas Man can attest that I march do the beat of my OWN drum and tend to do things a little extreme. So paying the cash for the Ultra just seems to be what is completely inline with my current standards. I like the bike. I want the bike. I WILL get the bike.

Now I just hope that I don't lay it down, and scuff the shit out of it. I will just cry if that happens.

Caveman
I'm just teasing you guys, Sean. Get what you want man, I took a lot of flak for getting the Beemer and I am absolutely loving it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote