View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 03:14 AM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
Uhhhh, combined with the low price on the bike, at first glance it sounds very much like a possible scam to me. I'd check out the 'third party bank' thoroughly and ask for/read the fine print on the escrow conditions.

As for being 'right' - I don't think it's too hard when one strives to make a self-fulfilling prophesy. Has she ever heard anything other than 'OMG this thing is so slow' from you? In fairness, I guess I can understand a bit more since she's (presumably) riding flat/straight roads for the most part - but I can't help but wonder where her shift-points are. Not to beat a dead horse, but Kathy went through that phase of 'sick of being left behind' until she learned to keep it pinned and wring it out for everything it was worth. Then she progressed to the point she had no problem riding at the same pace as the 'fast' group except when the straightaway speeds went up into triple digits (of course, we're in a much more twisty area than you guys). Knowing first-hand what those little bikes are capable of at their (true) limits, it's just hard not to think 'bored with it' = 'not flogging the piss out of it like it needs'.

Anyway - careful with the transaction (maybe consider asking for an escrow service of her choice), and good luck to her w/ the purchase & new bike. That is a smokin' deal if it's legit!

Yea I was worried but... it's thru EBay buyer protection and the bank is WaMu... She messaged Ebay about it and they assure her that it's on the up and up....

The other thing that gives me some confidence is the fact that my buddy that works at a dealer confirmed that the dealer would have only offered about $3500-4000 for the bike. He was saying that they are picking up repos at auctions for 2 or 3k and even got a '09 R1 for just over 5 grand a few weeks ago... Last Summer I did some work for a guy that owns a car dealership that sells bike in the Spring and he was picking up '06/'07/'08 GSXR1000s and 'Busas for around $5-6000 no bs.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote