View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #17
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Dude this really makes no sense for what the MSF is supposed to teach you which is how to ride a motorcycle. You don't go to a track to learn how to ride, you go to learn how to ride fast. Put a new rider at a trackday out here and he is gonna crash.

MSF also teaches you how to survive on the street. It's a good course, but people need further training. ERC what Derf suggested is the next step.

How old are you? If you wanna club race, start young. This way when you crash (and you will) you will heal faster.
I'm 22. I have been riding on and off for 3 years, when finances permit me to have a bike. The R6 was my first bike. The reason I bought the smaller VF was to save some money for a "decent" track bike. And its comfortable as shit.

If I get a job in ohio by next march, I hope to be racing by summer. If i get a job in LA... im not so sure. I probably wont have the money.

Mid-Ohio has a 2-day race school for beginner/intermediate/experts that runs all year long. A 2 day school with 9 hours of track time instruction is $365
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Last edited by Porkchop; 09-28-2010 at 02:34 PM..
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote